Monday, January 2nd 2012
The Sopranos, episode 311: Pine Barrens
I got behind on my Sopranos reflections! We’ve already watched the fourth season premiere. Here are some back-up Sopranos reflections for your early morning enjoyment.
Russians in pajamas are scary! Russians in Pajamas is also a pretty cool band name.
Tips to being a Continental Jon Hamm:
- Trade in the scotch or bottle of brewsky for what appears to be a well mixed cocktail with a classy swizzle stick.
- Be single. Date beautiful younger women. Don’t talk about it.
- Pay lots of attention to your male co-stars at events. Think Ewan McGregor in the late 90s.
- Trust that the suit coat/Converse combo works. Leave the baseball cap at home. In fact, don’t own any baseball caps.
- Smoke. Unapologetically.
- Always carry a wry smile. Keep it on you, even after your 8th cocktail. Follow the instructions given by Ian McKellen (who is the Continental Patrick Stewart): Keep it secret, keep it safe.
And there you have it, mix equal parts Jon Hamm sass & European class & you’ve got yourself a Fass.
This Linder Sterling collage looks like one of Richard Harrow’s scrapbook projects to you guys too, right?
Sunday, January 1st 2012
Alphaville - Forever Young
Milla Jovovich photographed by Peter Lindbergh for Vogue Paris in 1990
Here are your prompts for the January BoChallenge! I repeated a couple of the more popular/fun prompts from November & December, but most of them are brand new. Anyone can participate. Feel free to use the prompts for your personal use or to tag the photos & join groups & share with others.
- Join the bochallenge Flickr group & share your daily images with fellow Flickr members.
- Tag your photos #bochallenge on Tumblr and/or Flickr.
- Keep in mind that the photo submissions should be new photos. The challenge is to use your camera every day.
- Like in November & December I’ll sometimes post my submissions on Tumblr & reblog photos from time to time late at night, but I’m not going to do the daily Tumblr prompt anymore.
Please allow this photo of Maximus sniffing the scented air wafting from a tea light to usher y’all into the new year!
A few people have asked if I was going to do a January Photo Challenge. I wasn’t going to. I stopped doing it myself in mid-December & felt bad that I stopped re-blogging & sharing submissions (though I still looked!) Then, just today, I decided that January might be a perfect month for a photo challenge. It’s so long & dreary, having an anticipatory photo to take & share every day sounds soothing.
I’m going to put one together tonight. Today can either be a day off in honour of 2012’s birthday, or you can do a First Self-Portrait of 2012.
SB & I tried watching the Titanic RiffTrax last night & having to trudge through that abysmal overly validated movie was too much to take & we had to turn it off. Thank goodness Kate & Leo were able to make Revolutionary Road. Their chemistry is destroyed by terrible writing in Titanic. Though I still say there are few sights more breathtaking than Kate Winslet in Titanic. The makeup & the costumes are gorgeous & her sweet young face & lovely curves slay me!
Scarlett Johansson photographed by Annie Leibovitz in 2007
Natalia Vodianova: Our Bodies, Ourselves - Vogue UK by Mario Testino, June 2009